Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Guitar Lesson #1

Do you have a guitar in your closet
 and a song in your heart? 
Have you gone so far and
 need a new place to start?
Grab your guitar, electronic tuner 
 this guitar method will get you there sooner  

  
Theory:
  • The lowest string rings free: That's "E open"
  • The second lowest string rings free: That's "A open."
  • The 3rd lowest string is "fretted" on the 3rd fret: That's an F note.
  • The 4th lowest string is "fretted" on the 2nd fret: That's an A note.
  • The 2nd highest string is "fretted" on the 1st fret: That's a C note.
  • The highest string rings free. That's an E note.

Sound:
  • Strum all six strings and you hear a jazzy F chord:    Fmaj7 
 





1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I think I left the comment in a wrong spot.
what I forgot to mention was how it was almost cosmic when I stumbled upon this blog as I was searching the net for some guitar lessons in Honolulu few months back (2008). I was so entertained by it that I forgot about trying to get into my guitar playing again.
very nice by the way, and you're doing it so beautiful-your strumming.