Monday, June 23, 2008

Soft Sojourn








Aloha,
                      This photo can symbolize a journey from darkness to the light. Writers also can infer or imply meaning using symbols. Let's write thinking about symbols today.      Enjoy!


Genre: Jazz


               You Were Awfully Good

On the face of it I never forget a name
Just leave a trace of it I'll get in the game
To name a few I have paid some dues a time or two
Only you... You were awfully good

I should have run away long ago like everybody else did
Who am I kidding long years of sitting in that lonely woodshed
A life lived in good spirits gives no demerits
Just horses and carrots but you...you were awfully good

Inspired by the cold and the dark
I take my little walk, in magical fashion
Sooner or later passion does as compassion should
And you...you were awfully good

In the safety of a cluttered mind
An artist draws what he sees what he finds
Museums of the world all await
To say hey you we'll take two that's great!

Never properly introduced
No problem we gently reproduce
If the media raises the heat, see if it could 
Because you...you were awfully good

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You seem to have it here and there--symbolism.
To me, its such a powerful tool in writing, the mystery of it ...If I ever write a poem or anything creative writing I will certainly use it.
Nice poem as always.