Friday, July 9, 2010

ecoSciFi "TheOutpost"

Cooper gives Suzi a salt water injection. "You look good today," he says. Suzi's silicon face has always been captured by her beauty: the rounded high cheekbones and bright wide eyes; the shiney hair, soft textures of her skin. She was designed to work with young scientists, never to be aged by the passage of time. "Thank you," Suzi says. "It seems like you are a little disinterested." "You know, just because I am a robot, I don't always do what I've been told." "Really." "Even Pavlov couldn't brainwash every one of his dogs. Some he had to castrate to get them to do what he wanted." "Excuse me?" "Never mind." Cooper is shocked at Suzie's apparent sudden relaxation of censorship. But he wasn't ready for her next suggestion. "Would you take me to church in the village this Sunday?" "Why?" "Because I want to know why humans go to church." "I can tell you why. They stop wanting to listen to each other, only to God." Suzie said nothing.

No comments: