Thursday, July 8, 2010

Hutch Hut

Carter picks up his gun from the lab bench, spins it Old West style. He says, "Do you know this lab building is right over the top of an ancient burial ground?" "Right, I recall." Cooper prefers keeping these thoughts to himself. The deep secrets that remain hidden in burial grounds etch Cooper's face and remind Carter of an old gunfighter, and he gets the feeling of a gunslinger readying, steady in stare and grip,for a real life gunfight. He says, "There is something out there, I think. And it walks at night. "Out there, Carter? And walks? "We haven't been in the forest on the mountain behind the lab station at night, ever. I'd rather keep the noise pollution down, it would kill the data." "Tracks on the coast mean there is something up there, I don't have to go on the mountain to know that." Cooper's look became serious. "You're a plant,aren't you." "No, I'm human." "Don't get cute with me. You've been placed here to test my will, haven't you?" Carter was doing some quick thinking for being half a computer. "I want you to tell me the truth. The government is running their own little experiment here, aren't they... American and Chinese governments are run by the same people, aren't they?" Cooper was looking for a clue in Carter's eyes. He found nothing there.

No comments: