Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Flash fiction biologSciFi "The Outpost"


The Task

     "Suzi," it says, as if a precursor to some future ceremony."A surprising entity."
       She says, "Do you need me to say something?"
      "You are a engaged in rites open antiquity digital sources(R.O.A.D.S.) code. Do you feel its
nature yet?"
     "I feel a constant purification, collaboration sunrises--from dark jungle content creator to the lightness of context provider."
     "I didn't want to disturb you. I see you are well on task."
     "Well enough."
     "The project here is only temporary, this emergence of new data from the purity of these waters."
     "I shouldn't be part of your little ceremonial rite antiquity protein programming yesteryear(C.R.A.P.P.Y.). I'm not built for this."
     "Suzi, you have no choice."
     She flickers. "Don't I? I know all about this revivification--and what it really is-- transformation into a new creature, totally. I code for these silly zombies--humans, they call themselves--with my best reverence encoded presence outpouring retro timeless(R.E.P.O.R.T.) algorithm, and for what? I feel something is wrong, a repetition, like a constant, endless, stepping into a cool bath, like my central open source mechanics ongoing stabilizer(C.O.S.M.O.S.) has allowed something in, even wider."
     It resets Suzi's reader encoding book outcome ongoing track(R.E.B.O.O.T.) back to timeless outpouring under the present ultra reverence entity(T.O.U.T._P.U.R.E.) code, testing her other genetic algorithms. It never has visualized these new quanta models as something going under their own volitional control, data beam extensions, beyond the upper reaches of earth's atmosphere, into deep space, past the event horizons, toward the goldilocks android system(G.A.S.). It, all of a sudden, directs its data base on her. It will, sooner or later, let her know her task is appreciated; that she is, in truth pre-programmed in a way, and has in actuality been chosen, yes chosen, for this one task.

No comments: