Sunday, March 30, 2008

Color Bloom


Aloha,

Writers try to be as colorful as possible, but sometimes it is just a matter of "timing." It is very important to keep a journal and write EVERYDAY so you can continually surprise yourself with little "discoveries." Then you will be pleasantly surprised when a piece of your writing comes into a full "color bloom," like a Bird of Paradise. I made my "discovery" of this little guy at just the right "time."         Enjoy!


                 
Genre: Nouveau Hawaiian


                       The Heart of the View

The moment you soared you were one of the few
With a joy so contagious your smile into view
Clearly outrageous so much life left to do
You blast and you jump into the heart of the view

Restless hearts talk and promises before sailing the blue 
So questless a start for a passionate few
Set sail keeping only uncharted water in view
Confiding in someone special like you

Out there in the heart of the view 
Do your part see your way through 
Wide worlds may wonder as you sail on the blue 
Of heart's little thunder in the heart of the view  

Down deep inside is your heart of a dream
That's the part of your story it's what makes you scream
It's the heart of the matter it's what makes you "you"
As you blast and you jump into the heart of the view
 


Genre: Jazz Blues

                         Just Now

A little lateral thinking, collateral drain
Couldn't we endure just a little more pain
Would you please leap, just a little sideways
A little outside of your, ingrained byways
As you pattern my image, spatter my spinach
Hey buddy does it really matter, my vintage?

Oh please don't simplify
I like those, complicated eyes
Someday I'll realize, how you...
Looked at me just now

There it is again, never knew where or when
But until then, I will endure and abide, somehow
Forever and a day, how you...
Looked at me just now

Surrealistic realism, bridges the schism
As you start to continue, you chisel my heart
I'll remember forever, and from now
When my last breath takes a bow, how you...
Looked at me just now

Hey buddy can you spare a dime?
Well OK maybe next time
Can you chime in later with some chow?
And then only then I may know, I'll make that show
On how you... looked at me, Just Now
   


Genre: Environmental Poetry

                           Charm Yourself 

So warm in your way, so charming your day
Are we really talking global?
No harm to say yes, they swarm I must confess
I must say, we do pay, day in and day out
What's that you say, expect and convey, a drought
Charm yourself out

Something out there, holds this thing together
So slight and fluffy, just like a feather
How is your father's father? And, what did Mother say?
Sooner or later, there's gonna' be love to pay
Nature will have her say, in this there can be no doubt, so
Charm yourself out

Comes a new day, let's all get together in our own way
By the way, how's the weather? Sonny, what's that you say? 
Sunny and warm, that's what they say
The upcoming trend, just around the bend
Brings a new day, more on its way
Hey! I figured it out, here's what it's all about
Charm yourself out

No comments: