Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Rainbow Forest


Aloha,
                  The photo was taken at a beach hotel in Waikiki. This quiet parrot is a macaw whose dynamic color engages us in a visual way.
                  Great writing is "dynamic" when it engages our feelings, hearing, intuition, smell, intelligence, taste, and touch. Let's consider this idea as we write today.             Enjoy!



Genre:  Jazz Pop


              How's It Going Over There?

How's it going over there you who are so far away
I guess things are OK or so you say
How's it going over there in your wild and blue 
Have you finally gotten with it or has it gotten you?

Does anyone ever fake a dream
Stand in line for the next to scream?
Honor one who's not quite where it's at
Can we really do that?

How's it going over there you so tested by time
Still tasting the wine dally sublime
In your brain a little home on the range
Take life's lavish ride all apologies aside

It's fair to say love will come your way
Once you define it the heart of gold
Only you can mine it then be sold 
Find someone who cares only then and there
Is it fair to ask "Hows it going over there?"
 


Genre : Blues Rock

            There Being a Next Time

I'll play it pretty then I'll play it again
Bring in the beast to visit all my friends
Show my hand then let out a breath
I'll play it pretty you do the rest

Shake this joint with rattle and rhyme
Meet up again somewhere down the line
Local folk follow me in a great big line
I'm getting myself used to there being a next time

Recovery discovery get me off the shelf
I'm going to be a good friend to myself
Try to play it pretty try to make it shine
Get myself used to there being a next time















1 comment:

bloodthirsty_babe said...

i love these. my favorites are

"How's it going over there in your wild and blue/Have you finally gotten with it or has it gotten you?"

and

"In your brain a little home on the range/Take life's lavish ride all apologies aside"