Sunday, May 18, 2008

Design Cool

Aloha,
                   Although this photo says "New York," it is actually shot a short distance from Waikiki Beach. This simple idea reveals meaning and creates emotion. 
                   Writers express the natural order of life experienced by their characters. In fiction, this is an imposed scheme and is known as plot. Let's write thinking about this idea today.               Enjoy!



Genre:  Environmental Poetry

                   Shark Diver

Ask me now why they do it and how
The answer comes quick a simple slip
Into the deep with a promise to keep
Ocean chills simple thrills force of will 

As deep you go the ocean knows your guise
Kills the fun kill it before it multiplies
Soon staring eyes make them realize
It is they who are sized for the next surprise 

It's true some imbue the folly ends somehow
But not here not now this vacation must endo
A taste for the stew goes the chum for slaughter
Hope from deep blue comes up to muddy water

Long since smitten and never bitten
It's only a lark some friendly shark
Back on the coast friends raise a toast to a 50 mile boast
The talk of the town never hears the sound silently drown

Into the deep leaves nary a peep
As the ocean holds her promise to keep
Trade wind blows whisper vocation chose 
Shark diver forever sleep



Genre:  eYourWorld Poetry


              Condition of Anonymity

I'll go out and land the biggest prize
Stake my ground to sweepstakes in your eyes
Unhappy players won't have a prayer
My biggest move is about to happen here

We'll make the grade we'll have a parade
They say it won't last but we'll make the biggest splash
And with arms like these a reported guarantee
Of course I'm speaking only on condition of anonymity

You might think that this deal is a lot 
But I already know the player is hot
I'll defend my decision even on bended knee
Speaking only on condition of anonymity

I've been tied for the lead in number of gaffs 
But my availability is not a matter of laughs
People will say that remains to be seen 
They say we'll finish last we're so green 

When I'm with you I'm no loser it's true
You seal the deal you know what to do
An unbeaten run next to none is ours you'll see
Of course I'm only speaking on condition of anonymity

   

No comments: