Friday, April 11, 2008

Scenic Enchantment

Aloha!
                      Thank you for the nice comment Jessi!  Yes...the idea with the photos is to give writers a place to start. As you saw, the Environmental Conscience photo conjured words into lyrics of a different context. To a writer, this may simply be vision memory. A reader can see it as metaphor. It's sort of a "universal connect" idea.
                       I chose today's photo because it shows beauty that includes density and depth. The flower is very bright, but there is also an interesting world behind it, beyond its color. Great writers learn not to fall in love with the first viewing of their work. True enchantment occurs during the rewrite. 
                         Enjoy!



Genre: Jazz Ballad

    
                     Born Yesterday
                                    
This story started long ago, and so far away
And I know a thing or two about love
Its kind of wily trap, Stardust on tap
Yes sir I was far from born yesterday

I knew one thing, what love could bring
Wouldn't put it past anyone at all
To 'bide their time with sweetness of rhyme
And wait, for final heartaches to fall

Yes I know a thing or two, a ring or two
Come from good stock still stand tall
Heard legends told, then die where they lay
Yes sir I was far from born yesterday

 


Genre: Rock


                Prevalent Comment

Once privvy now, its no longer my own
A little laughing matter's getting me stoned 
A babble of a laugher put me in the gray
Are they really asking for my job today?

Tell me what I did, tell me anyone
And what should I do, now that its done
Is it really bad, like in the first degree?
That's not what I meant, you got to believe

Prevalent comment, what can I say 
Dinky little deed that grew out of the fray 
Once a little ditty then up it went
It's big news now, a prevalent comment

Did those little words really hold the power?
When I said what I felt at a waning hour
They'll send me up I'm sure, can I ever be free?
Of my prevalent comment in the first degree




Genre: Jazz Ballad

                   Provocation

History in the making, is who we are
A story for the taking, come so far
A generous relation, sensualization
Devo elation, oh so naturally

Has anybody noticed this smile on my face?
Across many oceans, arrived without a trace
It occurs to me, here in your arms sublime
There's another smiling face smiling down at mine

Provocation, a sense of history
Avocation, sweet and lovely mystery
Beginnings, endings, bookends you and me
Provocating, history for the making
Soon to be love, my love, provocation 











             
                       
  
                     

No comments: